3.12.11

Babys First Christmas Gifts

This will be our son's first Christmas, and like any excited new parents, we've been doing our shopping with zill and excitement. Like many shopping parents, we wanted to find the best deal for the right products. In our search for the most amazing toys for the 1 and under crowd, we have found many great gems. Here is a list of the toys we got, to hopefully give other parents some good ideas.

*these toys are for my son who is 10 months*

1. Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Fun to Fix Gift Set


I bought these thinking that he would love these colorful tools. The "gift set" includes (technically) 3 toys, although the clamp has two pliers on them, I don't think they come off. Both the saw and the hammer have beads inside of them. All three have straps on them so you could have them hanging from other various toys.

2. Fisher-Price Shank n' Go Racecar

Fisher Price Shake & Go Racers - Super Car

I thought this car was so awesome. Even though it says it is for children 3+ I chose to get it for my 10 month old (use your own discretion). I like the fact that it doesn't take much to get it to work. Just a little bump makes it start going. I assume this will be great for kids that don't know how to "work buttons" yet but still enjoy playing with moving toys... especially cars!

3. Fisher-Price Smart Screen Laptop


Ahhh... baby's first laptop! I'm so addicted to mine, and the boy loves to bang on the keyboard, hopefully this will keep him off of mine some. This laptop is really neat. It's bright and colorful and easy to use. Baby will love the bright buttons and want to bang on them a lot. The only thing I don't like about this one, is the screen. It's called "Smart Screen" but personally I think they could have done a little better. It's very basic... think highschool score board, with the lights making shapes. But I'm sure your little one won't notice!

4. Playschool Poppin Park Elefun Busy Ball Popper

The Elefun Busy Ball Popper is one of my favorites of the season. I had my eye on this toy since a few months ago and bought it first thing. Basically, you put the balls into the elephants "arms" and baby squeels in delight as they pop out. Am I sure it's a great buy, not a chance. I'm worried he'll just look at the balls like "yea, well, that's a let down". So... maybe I'll do a follow up review on this product after Christmas!

5. Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Friendly Flip Phone


I picked up this great toy cell phone in hopes to deter my little one from stealing my phone. The Friendly Flip Phone is also helpful for teaching basic playing skills as well as much, friends and numbers. It may also help with baby's speech a few months down the line.



I hope these few items give you some inspiration and insight into buying for your little one. I suggest ordering these items online from Toys R' Us or simply from WalMart. We only have 22 days left till the big day. And with Baby's First Christmas right around the corner, we need to make it as special for them as we can. Happy Holidays!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009La'Riot | by TNB